Ohio has been approved to issue Summer P-EBT benefits to eligible K-12 students who normally qualify for free or reduced price school meals for summer 2023. Each eligible child will receive one payment of $120, which will be issued on P-EBT cards by the end of June. To learn more, visit our FAQs or view more information from ODJFS. Kids under 6 in SNAP households will not be eligible for this one-time Summer P-EBT benefit in 2023. Virtual and Homeschool students will not be eligible for this one-time Summer P-EBT benefit; however, for school year 2022-23, children currently enrolled in virtual schools or homeschooled can meet certain eligibility requirements to qualify for P-EBT benefits for the school year. View FAQs from ODJFS and complete the application for Virtual and/or Homeschool students by May 31, 2023.
P-EBT for K-12 Students and Kids Under 6 for School Year 2022-2023
The Pandemic – Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) Program will provide funds to buy food for kids in K-12 who normally qualify for free or reduced-price school meals when:
- The child's school has been closed, operating with remote learning, opearting with reduced hours, or has at least one student sick with COVID-19 or quarantined for at least 5 consecutive days at some point during the school year, AND
- The child did not receive free or reduced-price meals at school because the child was quarntined or ill due to COVID-19 or impacted by a school closure or schedule adjustment related to COVID-19.
Qualifying students will receive $8.18 for each day they do not receive free or reduced-price school meals. To learn more, visit our FAQs.
P-EBT for Kids Under 6 on SNAP for School Year 2022-2023
The Pandemic – Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) Program will provide additional funds retroactively to buy food for kids who are under 6 in a SNAP household and were not eligible for school-year P-EBT through a K-12 school.
- Each eligible child will receive up to $122 for August 2022 through December 2022 by the end of June 2022, depending on whether they were eligible every month.
- Benefits for eligible children for January through May 2023 will be issued after data becomes available.
- Benefits will be issued directly on existing Ohio Direction Cards.
- To learn more, visit our FAQs.